Maintaining your privacy
Capita Customer Management treats the privacy of its clients, customers and website users very seriously and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard your privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains how we protect and manage your Personal Data that you share with us and that we hold about you, including how we collect, process, protect and share that data.
Personal Data means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home.
Please note that there are links to other websites throughout this site. The policy on this page is only aimed at www.capitacustomermanagement.co.uk and information relevant to it. You should read privacy policies of any sites you navigate to from this site.
Here’s what’s covered:
- What personal information do we collect?
- Choosing to receive marketing information
- What does it mean when you opt-in?
- Choosing not to receive marketing information
- How do we use your data?
- Combining and analysing personal data
- Legal basis for processing data
- Your rights
- Google Analytics
- Employee and candidate information relating to Cifas
- Contact details for queries
We will collect information about your computer as you use the site. This will include your IP address, operating systems and browser type. We will also collect information relating to the pages you view and the resources you interact with. You can find out more about how we do this through cookies in our cookies section here and in our google analytics section here. At certain locations on the site, you will have an opportunity to enter personal information if you wish to do so. The information you enter will be treated in accordance with this policy. You will also have the opportunity at these points to opt-in to receive marketing communications (please see the choosing to receive marketing information section below).
We will also collect information that can be attributed back to you through the marketing emails that we issue to you. You can find out more about this in the section how do we use your data?
We will distribute marketing information to existing business contacts or contacts from businesses we wish to work with. You will only receive information we believe is of relevance to your business and demonstrates a legitimate interest. You can opt-out of receiving this information at any time (See our opt-out section below)
If you are not receiving marketing information from Capita Customer Management but wish to do so, you can choose to opt-in when you submit a business enquiry form on our website (here). In order to opt-in you will have to tick a box at the point of submitting data. Once you have ticked this box you are providing your consent to be contacted with marketing communications relevant to Capita Customer Management. We will also record the fact that you have opted-in to receive marketing communications in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and will hold this information to use in our marketing campaigns.
We will continue to include you in our marketing campaigns until you decide to opt-out, or we no longer deem the content we are issuing as being relevant to your organisation.
If at any point you wish to stop receiving this information you can opt-out from marketing at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting ‘Capita Customer Management Marketing Opt-Out’ in the email title (see more information on opting out below)
When you opt-in you are providing your consent to receive marketing communications. The marketing communications we will be issuing to you will be sent through email and will include business updates from Capita Customer Management and the broader business (where we deem it to be of relevance to you), the latest insight from industry and business experts as well as opportunities to take part in research and invitations to online and offline events.
We will measure your engagement with the information we send you, and will use this information to measure the success of our marketing activity and to understand in more detail what information is of interest to you and to others within our marketing database. See the how do we use your data? section for more information on this measurement.
You can opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by emailing email@example.com and quoting ‘Capita Customer Management Marketing Opt-out’ in the email title.
We store contact information within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
We use your Personal Data to help us to maintain contact with you if necessary as part of the services we deliver to your organisation, or to keep a reference to our interactions with you and your organisation if we are looking to work with your organisation in the future.
We endeavour at all times to protect your Personal Data in a manner which is consistent with our duties of professional confidence and the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable physical and information security measures to protect your Personal Data in storage.
We will retain your data if we continue to work with your organisation or for as long as we wish to develop a business relationship with the organisation you work for, unless you specifically ask for your data to be removed.
Also within our CRM system, we record individuals who have opted-in to receive marketing communications, who are existing clients of ours or who are from organisations we wish to work with. The information we hold is for business purposes and includes contact information as well as other publicly available information. Our records will also include details of any information you submit via this website through the completion of forms.
We will use the contact data we hold to provide you with information relating to our business, products and services as well as relevant publications and events (online or otherwise) we are hosting or attending either through telephone, email or targeted online advertisements and through social media. We may also use your contact information to invite you to take part in research we are undertaking or to gain feedback.
Marketing activity will be issued to:
- Individuals from organisations we work with where we believe the information supports the delivery of our services to you and/or where there is a legitimate interest in contacting you with the information
- Individuals from organisations we wish to work with and with whom there is a legitimate interest in contacting with the information
- Individuals who have ‘opted-in’ to receive marketing when submitting a form on the site
You can opt-out of receiving marketing from us at any time by using the opt-out mechanism in the email you received or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Capita Customer Management Marketing Opt-Out’ in the title.
As described above, we may combine data from publicly available sources, and from our different e-mail, website, and personal interactions with you (this includes information collected across our different websites such as our careers and corporate sites and information collected as you browse our site and the content contained within it).
You can object to this at any point. Find out more in our your rights section
In connection with any application, request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed directly to the relevant business unit within Capita and nowhere else.
By submitting your personal information through this website, you are consenting to it being processed in the manner described above.
We will not share your personal information with any third party, outside of Capita, that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this.
We may use third parties, like service providers, agents or contractors to provide support and administration assistance for the internal operations of our websites, marketing, event registration systems, applications and online advertisements.
These third parties may come into contact with your personal information in the course of providing their services to us. They must provide equivalent levels of security for your personal information as Capita and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Capita.
For specific guidance on how employee and candidate information is processed in relation to Cifas please see this section
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and request that it be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can also choose to prevent marketing communications to you by using opt-out mechanisms in emails we send to you. In such cases, we will retain the minimum personal data necessary to record that you opted out, in order to avoid contacting you again.
If you have submitted personal information through this website and wish us to cease using it for the purposes submitted, please contact email@example.com
We use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behaviour on our website. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on.
We have also implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This is used to gain an insight into the age, gender and interests of our users to help us make decisions on how to improve the website in the future. Users can opt out of this reporting by visiting Google Ads Settings.
You can find out more about Google's position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB
Visitors may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking with the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- We will check your details against the Cifas databases established for the purpose of allowing organisations to record and share data on their fraud cases, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct (“Relevant Conduct”) carried out by their staff and potential staff. “Staff” means an individual engaged as an employee, director, trainee, homeworker, consultant, contractor, temporary or agency worker, or self-employed individual, whether full or part time or for a fixed-term,
- The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and other relevant conduct and to verify your identity.
- Details of the personal information that will be processed include: name, address, date of birth, any maiden or previous name, contact details, document references, National Insurance Number, and nationality. Where relevant, other data including employment details will also be processed.
- We and Cifas may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate, and prevent crime.
- We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and other Relevant Conduct, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and customers and to comply with laws that apply to us. This processing of your personal data is also a requirement of your engagement with us.
- Cifas will hold your personal data for up to six years if you are considered to pose a fraud or Relevant Conduct risk.
CONSEQUENCES OF PROCESSING
- Should our investigations identify fraud or any other Relevant Conduct by you when applying for or during the course of your engagement with us, your new engagement may be refused or your existing engagement may be terminated or other disciplinary action taken (subject to your rights under your existing contract and under employment law generally).
- A record of any fraudulent or other Relevant Conduct by you will be retained by Cifas and may result in others refusing to employ you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us using the details provided.
- Should Cifas decide to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they will impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
- Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data, request that your personal data is erased or corrected, and request access to your personal data.
- For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details provided.
- You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office which regulates the processing of personal data.
Contact details relating to Cifas
If you have any queries relating to your data and Cifas, please write to:
Financial Crime Team
Risk & Compliance
This privacy notice was last updated on 18 May 2018.
If you have any questions which are not answered by this Privacy Notice, or have any potential concerns about how we may use the Personal Data we hold, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.